Mar 16 2015
PGM 16 | Looking Through the Lens with Susannah Conway
On this episode of the Pure Green Podcast, Celine speaks with blogger, photographer, author, and teacher Susannah Conway. Susannah is a woman who has touched so many lives through the lessons she learned due to a tragic event that altered her own life many years ago. Now she teaches the healing methods that helped her so many years ago by focusing on cultivating a sense of calm through creativity, and integrating mindfulness and self-awareness into our everyday lives. There is so much wisdom and insight to be gleaned from Susannahâ€™s conversation and we truly hope that you find your own inspiration from this talk, as well.
“In creativity and healing, there is messiness”- @SusannahConway on Ep. 16 of the Pure Green Podcast.
We pulled together some of Susannah's photo meditations to accompany the show - you can find more on her instagram feed!
PHOTOGRAPHY by SUSANNAH CONWAY
PODCAST PRODUCED by Ben Goldstein
Show Notes & Main Themes
- The tragedy that spurred Susannah to start blogging 3:00
- How she remained open and candid with her blogging audience 8:30
- Susannah shares her interpretation of mindfulness 13:10
- “Life is a series of right nows strung together” - Susannah on being present 14:43
- Why tapping into her creativity allowed healing and empowerment for Susannah 18:33
- The role that photography plays in her life on a daily basis 27:45
- “I encourage them to break the rules” - Susannah’s approach to teaching photography 28:00
- “Just enjoy the process of looking”- on teaching her students 29:02
- The way that Susannah teaches photography as meditation 38:53
- “In creativity and healing, there is messiness-- there’s no room for perfectionism in that” 48:44
- What she believes draws people to her classes 1:02