PGM 24 | The Evolution of a Cook: Tara O'Brady of Seven Spoons
This week, I'm talking with the smart, super talented voice behind the popular food blog, and now book of the same name, Tara O'Brady of Seven Spoons. This conversation was a real treat, and I hugely enjoyed the hour we spent together. Tara writes her blog and her book with a personable voice; she comes across as both authority and friend. Her goal with her book, as she writes, was to provide you a seat at her own table, and be the friend you are talking to as you prepare a meal. She accomplished that and more, and her book has been released to critical acclaim. She's open, honest and very forthcoming in this interview, and you'll get to know her like never before as she speaks about coming into her own in the kitchen. Get show notes at www.puregreenmag.com/podcast/tara-obrady as well as a peek inside her book. Share feedback about this episode and strike up a conversation on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/puregreenmag. Thanks for listening!
We sincerely hope you enjoy this episode of the PGM Podcast! Please help us spread the word by sharing the show if you enjoyed it! There's tweetable links below, and any Instagram, Facebook or other sharing is very, very appreciated! Please leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoyed the show, it helps us grow and gain new listeners. Thanks for listening and see you next week! Listen/Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher
Click to Tweet: "A cookbook's value is only half on the page; the other half is in the action it inspires." @taraobrady on #PGMpodcast http://bit.ly/1cyBOPE
PHOTOGRAPHY by Pure Green Magazine | PODCAST produced by Ben Goldstein
What We Cover & Notes
- Tara's intuitive and insightful understanding of flavour, and how she developed that "6th sense"
- Her culinary influences
- Growing up in a home of Indian descent, with multicultural influences, and how her family's deep love of food influenced who she is today
- Setting yourself up for success and how to balance life, kids and cooking good meals
- Her philosophy on food, and life
- The difference between learning to cook, and becoming a cook
- The evolution of her blog, Seven Spoons, and the ten-year journey that culminated in the release of her first book, to critical acclaim
- How she developed her unique, personal writing style
- Where she hopes to go from here
VISIT TARA'S BLOG: sevenspoons.net