Organic Kitchen | Winter Warmer
The snow has been falling off and on for the past few weeks now. It's not here to stay, not quite yet, but still it has me yearning for wholesome, winter food. This recipe is a true reflection of how Jonathan and I cook, much of the time. I have an idea, he helps me tweak it, and together we create something yummy! This soup is just a mix of ingredients, a basic tomato and vegetable variety, with a few added spices - the recipe isn't meant to be followed to the letter. It's quick to throw together, feels hearty in the belly, and warms you through and through.
CELINE & JONATHAN'S WINTER WARMER
- A mix of vegetables - here we added carrots, onion, garlic, celery, cauliflower, fresh kale and green beans
- A tin or two of canned tomatoes
- Chicken stock, to taste (depending on how liquid you like your soup or how many vegetables you added will dictate how much stock you will need)
- A mix of beans, we used dehydrated sprouted mung beans and sprouted lentil
- Cumin, crushed coriander seed, chili powder - to taste
- Pasta of your choice*
- Salt, pepper - to taste
*TIP - We cook the pasta seperately and add it to the soup just before eating. That way it doesn't get all puffy and mushy on you.